Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WORSE THAN TRASH






Those who DO NOT FOLLOW RULES are TRASH,
but those who DO NOT CARE about THEIR COMPANIONS 
are WORSE THAN TRASH!!!
- Hatake Kakashi 

Naruto: Team 7

Photo: http://www.rubberslug.com/user/ce78f7cf4ea14759aabcd5d2b2b10726/701211-2918344-kakashi%20bells%20thumb.jpg




I reflected on this statement for some time now and found that it does apply to our Everyday Lives, no matter what the setting is!  Maybe this was what was guiding me all these years....

I believe that this is really A MATTER OF THE HEART...A PERSONAL CHOICE!!!

I have been in the Call Center - IT Technical Support / IT Helpdesk Industry for 12 years now and counting.  From Sykes Asia, Accenture and now Hewlett-Packard Philippines.  

I was never, never ever, able to follow ANY PROCESS that I really did not like at all...I would constantly argue and argue to my Superiors, Team Managers, Quality Analysts WHY?! I needed to follow the Process laid out...when I really felt that there was SOMETHING WRONG!!! I tried my best to analyze myself why I have this kind of behaviour.
* I am very, very proud and happy working in Hewlett-Packard HP now by the way!

Why should I follow YOUR Process, when I can definitely discern and sniff out that you are only fooling/contradicting themselves and making things soooo hard for the customer and myself???!!! Why should I follow your process when it is something that you just made up in your head and wanted to apply to the Helpdesk Policies when it definitely makes NO SENSE AT ALL!!!! You only want this because you are only concerned about the STATISTICS!!!

Maybe that "Something Wrong" was that I really felt for my Customer at that point in time that he/she needs help, he/she needs someone to listen. There is a saying in Basketball that come the 4th Quarter of the Game...you throw ALL the Statistics of the past games and quarters OUT OF THE WINDOW....Whoever wins the has the most HEART! ONLY THE ONE WITH THE MOST HEART AND WHO WANTS IT MORE WINS THE GAME!!!

I was never ever able to get a Passing Mark in my QA Scores....BUT.....I racked up THE MOST NUMBER OF COMMENDATIONS a Month, every Month!  And THAT is what I believe WHAT MATTERS THE MOST! NOT being a STATISTIC but being the RIGHT PERSON at the RIGHT TIME to HELP MY CUSTOMER NOW!  I am very, very proud of doing this....And, I think this is where people get PROMOTED OVER the others! 

A LOT of Commendations = Good Feedback from Customer/Client = A Notification to your Supervisor = A "Nice Job!" Letter = A Good Performance Rating = A Hefty Salary Bonus!
 * A very profound thought...Now that I am writing about it... :)

And now, in my life, in all my ups and downs...I have thought and realized that I can not do things on my own....I need HELP....it has to be a TEAM Concept....a TEAM effort that will get you over any challenge in life.  But still, this Principle still guides me today....TO GENUINELY CARE AND HELP THE PERSON NEXT TO ME!  CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME!

I will try to be a better Teammate, a better Person, a better Team Player. But I still need to HELP and CARE.  And if I can not do that.....then EVERYTHING IS USELESS....I AM WORSE THAN TRASH!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment