Thursday, February 14, 2013

CRAB CAKES WITH CREAM SAUCE


My Mom is devout in her Faith and thus we have certain days where
meat is not served. I do not mind as I'm not choosy with eating. 
I need to lose weight anyway.

Usually I do not follow any recipe. I always look at what are the leftover
contents of the fridge or cabinets and concoct something in my head and make something 
out of that. Here's what I found today...






RECIPE

6 Crab Cakes
2  Cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 Onion, Chopped
1/2 Carrot, Chopped
1/4 Cup Green Peas
1 Tbps Cream of Chicken
2 Tbps Cream
Pepper



Prepare Ingredients.







Pan-fry Crab Cakes and set aside.





Saute Vegetables for a few minutes. 
Mix Cream Broth Mix and Water




Add Cream Broth Mix and Cream.
Season with Pepper to taste.





Plate and Serve.



NOTE TO SELF:
I over-estimated the saltiness of the Cream Broth Mix.
Need to tone it down a little.
Thankfully, was able to salvage this dish from being a disaster

No comments:

Post a Comment